This is a simple simple to follow, with step-by-step instructions and plenty of screenshots, allowing you to discover the potential of your new Ubuntu system.
Getting Started with Ubuntu is not intended to be a comprehensive Ubuntu instruction manual. It is a quick-start guide that will get you doing the things you need to do with your computer easily, without getting bogged down with technical details. Ubuntu incorporates many new and improved features, including new icons (some dynamic), more appearance options, locally integrated menus, and smart scopes, to name just a few. With the help of this guide, it should not take long before new users get used to the Unity desktop environment. Unity includes the Starter, the Dash, the, indicators, and an on-screen display notification system. All these features will be explained in this guide.
Read the rest of Getting Started With Ubuntu 13.10 (PDF Guide) (9 words)
- Zik – Audio player based on gstreamer (3)
- Zero Install Injector – Install software easily and without root privileges (15)
- Zattoo – Watch Online TV for free (18)
- YouAmp – Yet another music player for Linux (10)
- ÜberStudent – Ubuntu version for Students and Researchers (18)
- YAPET – Yet Another Password Encryption Tool (2)
- YaCy – Peer to Peer free software search engine (3)