Gallium3D is a free software library for 3D graphics device drivers. It has been developed by VMware since they acquired Tungsten Graphics in 2008.
The Gallium3D library operates as a layer between the graphics API and the operating system with the primary goal of making driver development easier, bundling otherwise duplicated code of several different drivers at a single point, and to support modern hardware architectures. This is done by providing a better division of labor, for example, leaving memory management to the kernel DRI driver.
Read the rest of How to install Gallium3D drivers in ubuntu 12.10 (105 words)
© ruchi for Ubuntu Geek, 2013. |
One comment |
Post tags: desktop, Gallium3D drivers in ubuntu 12.10 using ppa, Gallium3D drivers ubuntu ppa, install Gallium3D drivers in ubuntu 12.10
- Zik – Audio player based on gstreamer (3)
- Zero Install Injector – Install software easily and without root privileges (14)
- Zattoo – Watch Online TV for free (18)
- YouAmp – Yet another music player for Linux (9)
- ÜberStudent – Ubuntu version for Students and Researchers (18)
- YAPET – Yet Another Password Encryption Tool (2)
- YaCy – Peer to Peer free software search engine (3)