With each release cycle the Linux kernel and the distributions implement new improvements in terms of laptop power management. Therefore even plain standard installations can show quite good results.
Additional possibilities to save battery power are easily found on the web with the search engine of your choice. But selecting the right solutions for your particular hardware and Linux flavour from the myriad of wikis, blogs and forums is much more difficult and often requires advanced Linux knowledge on behalf of the user.
Read the rest of How to improve Ubuntu Laptop Power Management (522 words)
© ruchi for Ubuntu Geek, 2013. |
No comment |
Post tags: desktop, How to improve Ubuntu Laptop Power Management, improve ubuntu 13.04 battery life, improve Ubuntu Laptop battery life
- Zik – Audio player based on gstreamer (3)
- Zero Install Injector – Install software easily and without root privileges (15)
- Zattoo – Watch Online TV for free (18)
- YouAmp – Yet another music player for Linux (10)
- ÜberStudent – Ubuntu version for Students and Researchers (18)
- YAPET – Yet Another Password Encryption Tool (2)
- YaCy – Peer to Peer free software search engine (3)