QEMU is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.When used as a machine emulator, QEMU can run OSes and programs made for one machine (e.g. an ARM board) on a different machine (e.g. your own PC). By using dynamic translation, it achieves very good performance.
When used as a virtualizer, QEMU achieves near native performances by executing the guest code directly on the host CPU. QEMU supports virtualization when executing under the Xen hypervisor or using the KVM kernel module in Linux. When using KVM, QEMU can virtualize x86, server and embedded PowerPC, and S390 guests.
Read the rest of Install QEMU on ubuntu 14.10 and mange QEMU with Virt Manager (190 words)
- Zik – Audio player based on gstreamer (3)
- Zero Install Injector – Install software easily and without root privileges (17)
- Zenmap – Cross platform Nmap Security Scanner GUI (0)
- Zattoo – Watch Online TV for free (18)
- YouAmp – Yet another music player for Linux (10)
- ÜberStudent – Ubuntu version for Students and Researchers (18)
- Yarock – Qt4 Modern Music Player (1)